If you want the best mushrooms go for organic mushrooms. They are pesticide free and have high nutritional value. Organic mushrooms have really gained fame in the current market. Imagine you were an organic farmer? It could mean you make an earning daily.
If you are looking to be an organic mushroom farmer here is the chance, you may make a couple of mistakes but never give up the struggle is worth it. The demand for organic mushroom is so high that you can never miss market because people have realized how pesticides used in non-organic mushroom could be harmful to their health.
Organic mushroom can be grown at home cutting on the cost of purchasing them and is assured that they are pesticide free.
Types of Mushrooms
There are 8 types of mushrooms namely:
- White mushroom
Health Benefits of organic mushroom
Research shows that mushrooms have compounds that inhibit the growth of tumors and cancer cells. Specifically it has been proven that white mushroom lowers the risk of getting breast cancer among the women.
Thinking of losing weight? Add mushrooms in your diet and you will see the results.
Mushrooms are a low fat food and when consumed it makes you get satisfied quickly preventing overeating. It also assists the body in metabolism therefore hinder fat deposition hence promoting weight loss.
Mushrooms contain an antioxidant ergothioneine which protects the body from free radicals and boosts the bodys immunity.
Mushrooms have polysaccharides, alpha and beta-glucans, which have positive effects on the immunity of the body. In addition mushrooms contains vitamin A, B and C and hence their ability to improve immunity.
Ideal for diabetics
Mushrooms is recommended for diabetics because it has low fat content, low levels of carbohydrates, high amount of protein, contains a number of vitamins and helps regulate the glucose levels to normal.
Mushrooms contain natural insulin which could be beneficial to diabetics. The enzymes present in them assist in breaking down starch and sugar in the body for assimilation.
Calcium ions are found in mushrooms which are essential in the development of strong bones. Frequent consumption of mushroom is an assurance of adequate amount of calcium in the body preventing weak joints and body aches.
Mushrooms have been found to have anti-inflammatory properties. They contain a compound known as ergosterol which destroys harmful cells.
Mushroom growing 4 you
Mushroom growing 4 you is a guide on how to grow organic mushrooms both on small scale and large scale.
Manual for growing organic mushroom
If you are a farmer before you embrace the mushroom growing 4 you technique you should have a set of instructions on how to go about it as seen in the guide.
The instructions could be pictorial, made flow charts or videos to make it easier to understand.
Preparation of the environment
Mushrooms thrive in dark, mist, cool and humid environments.
They are saprophytic plants meaning they consume dead or organic matter to obtain nutrients. Since mushrooms prefer dark environments they obtain chlorophyll by consuming the dead plants.
Each type of mushroom has their own growing requirements. For example white mushrooms grow well in compost manure while shiitake does well on wood.
Mushrooms require moisture to grow however they lose the moisture so fast therefore it is recommended to grow them in humid environment to prevent the moisture loss. You should also ensure that the soil is moist not wet. Wet soils can cause the mushrooms to be inedible.
Ideal temperatures for growing mushrooms should be between 50Ë F and 70ËF.The temperatures should be cool.
All these conditions stated should be maintained for maximum growth of mushrooms.
How to grow organic mushrooms
Below are some procedures you can use in outdoor mushroom growing 4 you
- Obtain organic mushroom spawn. Mushroom spawn is a fungal tissue that is grown to produce mushrooms.
- Choose the place you would like to plant your mushrooms whether on soil or logs of wood or compost manure.
- Introduce holes in whatever surface you have chosen.
- Moisten the surface by adding a little water. You can use sprinklers so that you do not put excess water.
- Plug your mushroom spawns into the holes.
- Cover the surface that you have planted the mushrooms with a material that will help in retaining the moisture.
- Moisten the mushrooms on several occasions during their growth ensuring at no time will the run out of moisture.
- Monitor the growth of the mushroom until they appear depending on the type.
- Finally you can now harvest your mushroom. After the mushrooms appear they should be harvest within a period of one week before they can spoil. Remove the mushrooms by cutting the point at which it comes into contact with the growing surface.
Indoor mushroom growing 4 you includes:
Brown Rice Flour (BRF) Technique for Mushroom growing 4 you
This is an indoor mushroom for you growing technique. It is a faster growing method since it takes only two to three months for the mushrooms to mature.
The brown rice flour is mixed with water then the mixture put in jars or bags. A majority of people prefer jars. Vermiculite is added to the mixture, it is a growing substrate, and jar is sealed and placed in a cooking pot with water to boil in order produce steam. The boiling helps in sterilizing.
After steaming the jar is left to cool completely then spores (a unit of asexual reproduction) are added to the mixture and the jar is stored in a cool, poorly lit place. After some few weeks the spores germinate producing mycelium which is a living organism that colonizes the substrate in the jar. The mycelium is left to fully colonize the substrate and cake like structures are eventually formed.
The cakes are then removed from the jar and placed in terrarium for the mushroom to grow. After three weeks your mushroom will be ready to harvest.
Grain Method of Mushroom growing 4 you
In this method you can use grains that you prefer.
The grains are put into a jar and water is added up to three-quarters of the jar.
The jar is sealed with a lid. Since the lid has a hole for inoculation, the hole can be sealed with a tape.
The jar is shaken for the contents to mix.
The jar is the put in a cooking pot and water added for boiling.
Then the procedure of introducing spore to the grains is to the growing of mushroom is similar to the Brown Rice Flour technique.
The overall procedure for the two methods can be summarized as;
Collect all the necessary equipments that you will need for example:
- Jars with seal-used for incubating the mixture
- Measuring cylinders-for measuring the substrates and water
- Brown rice flour or grains-raw materials used for the production of cakes
- Water-Used to mix the substrates
- Vermiculite- A substrate that assists in the growth of cakes.
- Cooking pot- for sterilizing the jars.
- Sterile syringes and the spores-Used for inoculating the spores into the jars
- Glove box-used to sterilize the jars during inoculation
- Tape- Used to seal the holes on the lids during boiling.
- Incubation chamber-This is where the jars are placed for incubation to allow for the growth of mycelium.
- Fruiting chamber-Also known as terrarium. It is where the cakes are placed to allow the mushrooms to grow.
All the above equipments are a must have before you embark on mushroom growing 4 you. After you have all your equipments you can now begin the process of growing the mushrooms.
- Prepare the substrateMix the your materials whether it is the brown rice flour or grains in the jars with water according to the quantities stated in the mushroom growing 4 you guide. Add the vermiculite.
Seal jars and drill some holes on the lid for inoculation. You drill upto three holes so as to have various points of inoculation hence faster colonization of the cake.
- Sterilize the jars in a cooking pot with boiling water.
- Remove the jars from the pot and leave it to cool completely before inoculation.
- Inoculation should be done in a clean and sterile environment. If you are not sure of the sterility of that place you can use a glove box .Once you are ready to inoculate, carefully introduce the spores into the jars through the holes in the lid.
- After a week check for the growth of mycelia on the substrate and continue to watch until the whole substrate has been covered with cake.
- Remove the cake from the jars and put in a terrarium for the mushrooms to grow. Ensure the terrarium is humid, poorly lit and cool temperatures.
- Mushrooms are usually ready for harvest after a month.
This is the simplest way you can have mushroom growing 4 you.
Mushroom Growing For You Review
Product Name: Mushroom Growing 4 You
Programme Creator: Jake White
Organic mushroom are a delicacy that you should always look forward to including in your meal. They are very sweet and nutritious products. But why spend so much going to purchase the mushrooms from the supermarkets while you grow them by yourself and cut on your cost? You also be selling the surplus to the neighborhood and earn some income. Give it a thought today and start planting mushroom using the mushroom growing for you programme.
Mushroom Growing 4 You comes as a guide to teach on how your own can cultivate your own mushrooms indoor or outdoor. It guarantees you the best yield and good quality mushrooms that many will think you have purchased them from the stores.
Consuming inorganic mushrooms could be harmful to your health because it contains pesticides. Mushrooms are spongy in nature and when pesticides are sprayed on them they tend to absorb it which could have some health effects to the human body. Organic mushrooms are usually grown in pest-free environments.
Mushroom Growing 4 You gives you a step-by-step procedure on growing organic mushroom at home and in around 2-3 months you will have your mushrooms ready.
Here is what you can discover from the programme:
- Instructions and illustrations on mushroom growing
- Videos to aid you on the entire mushroom growing process
- How to determine favorable climatic conditions for the mushrooms to thrive
- How to grow tasty mushrooms as a newbie
- Tips on increasing moisture, potency and growth of the mushroom
- The Grain technique and The Brown Rice Flour (BRF) technique for growing mushroom
- Sterilization techniques while preparing a media for the mushrooms to grow in
- Guide on how to construct your own fruiting chamber and incubation chamber from locally available materials.
- Equipments that are a must have to be used in the mushroom growing process
- Harvesting the mushroom