Are you a patriotic and brave American who dreams to establish career in military sector? Confused about how to start preparing or what is the best exam strategy?
The Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) is a multiple-choice examination that helps one to gain better insights about strengths and which field in Army jobs (Military Occupational Specialties) is best suited for you.
Peep into ASVAB Exam
What parameter does ASVAB measure?
This exam measures your understanding and capability in ten different sectors and helps determine which arena is best suited for you. The ASVAB exam is mostly given in schools conducted by test administrators from federal government. Academic advisor or local recruiter can help you in this process.
The ASVAB comprises of ten short exams that one needs to finish during three hours. ASVAB would be invigilated by test administrator who will give you instructions to take the exam. The ASVAB tests spans multitude of topics like General Knowledge, Reasoning, Word Knowledge, Comprehension, Numerical Operations, Coding Speed, and Knowledge in mathematics, Mechanical Comprehension and Electronics.
To be considered for enlistment in Army, one need to score at least 31. Your scores will be given in format of ASVAB Student Results Sheet, with additional information to help you understand your score.
Understanding the asvab test
The Armed Forces Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) is a chain of tests designed by the Department of Defense and is used by U.S. Army to analyze whether you have the mental aptitude to be part of military operations. The ASVAB also helps to categorize which Military Occupational Specialties (MOS) you are eligible. The exam is valid for two years. The ASVAB may be provided in either computerized version at a Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS) or in a paper version at various Military Entrance Test (MET) locations.
Key Test Areas
- General Science – measures knowledge of life science, geology, astronomy and physical science
- Arithmetic Reasoning – measures ability to solve arithmetic problems
- Word Knowledge – measures knowledge of the individual with respect to antonyms and synonyms.
- Paragraph Comprehension – measures ability to comprehend information and derive conclusion.
- Mathematics Knowledge – measures knowledge of mathematical fundamentals and applications in day to day life.
- Electronics Information – measures knowledge of the individual in electrical circuits, devices, and their application in day to day life.
- Auto and Shop Information – measures knowledge of automotive maintenance and repair, and wood and metal shop practices
- Mechanical Comprehension – measures knowledge of the principles of mechanical devices, structural support, and properties of materials
- Assembling Objects – measures ability with spatial relationships
Armed Forces Qualification Test (AFQT) is the most crucial ASVAB score as it determines if you are eligible to be part of U.S. Army. ASVAB test scores are further converted into 10 other score areas better known as “line scores” that determine what stream an aspirant is eligible for. Listed below are the parts of the ASVAB that affect your AFQT and each of the ten line scores.
- Armed Forces Qualification Test (AFQT)
- Clerical (CL)
- Combat (CO)
- Electronics (EL)
- Field Artillery (FA)
- General Maintenance (GM)
- General Technical (GT)
- Mechanical Maintenance (MM)
- Operators and Food (OF)
- Surveillance and Communications (SC)
- Skilled Technical (ST)
How is AFQT score calculated?
The scores calculated from four ASVAB subtests mentioned are used to calculate AFQT raw score, which is converted into percentile score.
Apply following steps to calculate AFQT score
- Add the scores obtained from sections Word Knowledge and Paragraph Comprehension subtests.
- Take the sum and convert it to a scaled score, known as the Verbal Expression (VE) score, which spans from 20 to 62.
- Now double VE Score and add it to the Arithmetic Reasoning (AR) score and the Mathematics Knowledge (MK) score to get the AFQT raw score. (2[VE] + AR RS + MK RS = AFQT RS)
- The AFQT raw score is converted to a percentile score, which depicts peer comparison that means how well you did in comparison to other ASVAB test participants.
Why you should buy ASVAber-Ultimate ASVAB Practice solution
- Online Practice Portal serious aspirant can make utmost usage of practice test under real exam conditions and can overcome anxiety and approach exam confidently
- Results Center – one can track how well he/she performs in every exam, identify strengths & weaknesses and calculate AFQT score
- Study Guides one can analyze key topics that one could expect for the test
- Video Learning Center More focus on complex topics like Mathematics and Mechanical Comprehension
- Comprehensive list of 2000 questions that span over all 9 subjects
- Detailed analysis on which questions are right and which are wrong with detailed solution.
- AFQT Score calculation
- Score history is maintained
- Peer comparison
- 45+ Math videos and 10+ Mechanical Comprehension video
- Discussion platform with other ASVABers
- Committed social learning community
- Top 3 study guides on all 9 subjects
Online practice center
- More than 2000 questions that span over 9 subjects
- Exact exam simulation is done by implementing a countdown timer just like the CAT-ASVAB
- Questions and Answers are shuffled on every test.
Ultimate ASVAB AFQT Subject & Strategy Guide
Learning process needs to be integrated with effective strategies to reap the benefits of the process. To achieve this one can make use of strategy guide which elucidates how to overcome anxiety of taking the CAT-ASVAB.
- Time management
- Tips to master multiple choice test
- How to achieve complete mastery over word problems
- Top 5 mistakes and how to avoid them
- Test day strategies
Ultimate ASVAB General Science Study Guide & Practice Exam
General Science is a vast subject for ASVAB test. Time allocated for answering general science questions is the least. This section is condensed to a 40 page document with all the necessary information you need to know for the ASVAB.
Ultimate ASVAB Downloadable Practice Exam
Full length practice exam with answer key is provided for those who wish to take the exam offline.
Free sample test can be attempted which contains 27 questions that cover 9 subjects and need to be covered in 30 minutes time limit.
Why buy this book when other stuff is available for free in web-sites?
- Searching for free questions and study materials may not lead you in the right direction and all your effort might end up in vain. Make use of this book and gain an edge over others by making real progress towards your passion.
- Free exams may not help you with respect to time limit. Moreover to answer each question on General Science and Auto/Shop subtests time allocated is too less which may put the candidate in real pressure. One need to do practice under the same pressure and build confidence so that you could clear the actual exam
- Wide set of questions -2000 questions covering all 9 subjects is provided. The tests are carried out in a random order and the answers are shuffled.
One gets all these features for just 39.95 dollars. Yes, this is incredibly true.
Money Back Guarantee-If user is not satisfied with the book for any reason within 60 days of purchase, he or she can ask for full refund and can keep the Bonus Materials as gift.
How to make payment
- Make purchase via Click Bank secure servers.
- User receives an email notification that states receipt number and link to access system
- Now click the link, enter the order number and email address used to make the purchase
- Setup a profile with email address you have chosen before
ASVAB Study Guides
Instant access to top 3 books on ASVAB Preparation
1. ASVAB for dummies- This essential guide elucidates detailed reviews of all nine test subjects with full solution for every question, practice exercises, and useful tips to help you analyze your weaknesses and mold your test taking skills. One can analyze the merits and demerits of online and offline exams, which tests are inevitable for molding your military career, and cutting-edge study techniques.
2. Kaplans ASVAB- prepares students by providing detailed information about test and reviewing different subjects an aspirant needs to be proficient in including Mathematics, Arithmetic Reasoning, General Science, Mechanical Comprehension, and the like.
3. ASVAB Basics- It comprises of more practice tests than any other ASVAB resource, along with profiles of more than 125 military careers. There are extensive details on the AFQT sections (Armed Forces Qualification Test: comprised of two verbal and two math sections) and coverage of all ASVAB test subjects, with dedicated sections for each subtest.
This book will definitely help you in your preparation and become a successful ASVABer.